Thursday, November 13, 2008

A Tribute to my In-Laws



































On Oct. 18 of this year, my in-laws, Don and Jerrie Guymon celebrated their 5oth wedding anniversary. It was amazing to me to see how many people came to the reception held in their honor. It was a night to remember seeing so many people come to this special occasion. I knew they were special, but didn't know everyone else did too! They have set the most perfect example all of their lives. I just wanted to give them some credit here for the great people that they are.


We are fortunate enough to live just a few houses away from them. To many, I am sure this may sound scary! But, they are perfect in that regard. They are always there when we need them, and have never stepped over any boundaries. For instance, Boyd has been very ill this year after having a stroke in January. His health is now really compromised. Needless to say, it isn't as easy to get everything done we should. But yesterday, Nephi noticed that Grandpa Guymon was in the front yard, and he ask us what he was doing. We didn't know he was even there. But, he had just changed the oil in Nephi's jeep. He just knew it needed to be done, and without question, he just took care of it. It is truly a blessing to have people like that in our lives. They never judge us, and many times we really should be! But they they have always just been there to help, never to criticize us. I am more grateful now for them than I ever have been.


So,,, here is a tribute to my in-laws, that I love dearly and truly appreciate! THANK YOU!!
Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

  1. I have to agree 100% I love the Guymon family! But I also have to say I also love my in-laws... I feel so blessed to have married into a wonderful family!

    ReplyDelete