Monday, November 10, 2008


If there is one thing I love is the fall and awaiting a really good snowstorm. I do love gloomy rainy days, also. But after a bit of this gray weather without a good amount of snow on the ground I get anxious! So, of course it has snowed now and then, but it seems like only enough to make it look really ugly and messy outside. It seems like I am always happy to hear the weather forecast the good snow, but wish it were always the truth. Today is gray, windy, and rainy. It just keeps me watching for the snowflakes to fall. If it is going to cold, at least let it be pretty and white! But I still seem to get the housework all done and the fire going just in case the good snowstorm hits. It seems like I am just ready to store most of my summer shorts and then the sun shines, and it warm and I want them. Of course I could be like my son-in-law that wears shorts even in the greatest of blizzards! I can credit the gloomy weather to much better cooking at our home!
And speaking of cooking, I am so proud of my daughter Kira and daughter-in-law Angie. Every time I read their blogs, they are always posting some truly great looking food! They are both inspirations to me. Although I will take credit for the homemade rolls Kira just made! If fact, I think hers looked better than mine did this last week! It is nice having Nephi around more to eat the food I cook. Boyd and I had gotten into some pretty lazy eating habits with just the two of here. But, luckily if I am not in the mood to cook, Nephi has always had a terrific knack in the kitchen.
This time of year I cook lots of turkey, but I am in search of some great turkey recipes for the leftovers. So if any of you have favorites, please them on to me! I think I wear out my cookbooks trying to find new ones.
Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

  1. Hey!! Tim has a delicious left-over turkey recipe that he made for Dad once and Dad LOOOOOVES it!! We'll have to make it for you guys the next time we're up there or you're down here visiting!

    ReplyDelete