Sunday, February 1, 2009

February Resolutions








As odd as this may seem, I picked up this odd habit from my husband. Many years ago, he decided that New Years resolutions are a big hype. He would laugh as he watched everyone around him start the new year with all their fresh goals. So, his version of New Years Resolutions is to start thinking about what goals and changes you want to make on January 1. But, then he would wait a month, ponder, think about what he really wanted to accomplish, and then he starts his resolutions on the 1st of February. I have never been one to really set any great goals on any certain day, but every year on the 1st of February now, I do actually try and put at least a few new positive actions into my life. Maybe this year I am thinking a bit more about this because turning 50 years old is just terrifying. I remember my grandmother at 50 and think her hair was blue even then. Of course, nowdays there is so much pressure to look and act younger, that 50 really is scary. Well, acting younger hasn't been that big of a problem, as I really should act my age more that I do. Certainly, there are many days when I look in the mirror and I wonder who in the world I am looking at.. when did the wrinkles become so noticeable? Okay, so gravity does effect the body, but I am not running around in a bikini so that doesn't worry me so much. But, I was looking at some pictures that just seem like they were taken days ago, and I certainly was younger then! So, for what it is worth, this year, I am going to set some new plans in motion that I hope I can make more of a habit.


1. Set a better example for my kids.
2. Appreciate the blessings I have. This includes not just a great family, but also a wonderful group of friends that continues to grow.
3. No nagging or whining allowed.
4. Learn something new everyday.
5. Put less whipped cream on my strawberries.
6. Stop complaining about my husbands snoring.
7. Keep my husband from adding things to my post without my knowing (like the last remark)
8. Play more, worry less.
9. Stop procrastinating!
10. Commit myself to cooking meals again! ( Between it only being Boyd and I to cook for and his loss of appetite due to his health this year, it is hard to find the motivation.)
11. And that is all, I know I will struggle with just these!




Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment